Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Poetry of Life

To keep life on track
To make sure you go forward not back
To enlighten the soul
To achieve what you aim for, your goal

Don’t do one thing more than the other
Don’t go for excess; don’t say “let’s not bother”
Don’t let work get you down, give you strife
Don’t neglect the poetry of life

Create a life that has harmony and calm
Create a life where you don’t jump to every alarm
Create a dream and live it now
Create the opportunity to do it somehow

Look at all those fleeting moments you let drift away
Look again at those times you waste in the day
Look and change them to live the poetry of living
Look at how you can take happiness as well as giving

You walk through this life stop and think
You pass by beauty, stop and drink
You miss the lesson in life’s every moment in time
You end the day in regret that you missed the sublime

Stop now, share with me the dream
Stop now, let us explore life unseen
Stop now, relax in my company, so warm
Stop now, romance with me and kill the storm

Understand that with you I want to share
Understand these are precious moment so don’t beware
Understand that I will be here with a warm heart
Understand that distance can only keep you physically apart

This is written for everyone and is trying to say
This is made up of my words and I pray
This touches your heart and my intentions are clear
This is for all to dream their dreams with no fear
So take my advice and stop dealing in strife
Take some moments to swim in the poetry of life

No comments: