Wednesday, April 30, 2008

life's fleeting moments

There are moments in our lives that we call “life’s fleeting moments”. It is that one moment when you feel like you are on a natural high. Never mind the past and the future. What is important is the “NOW” not the “LATER”. It is that one single rush of emotion when you feel like you are ready to explode because of that tingling within you that is so joyful…and then you savor it like you savor the taste and aroma of a good cup of coffee. You touch it with your lips and taste it with your tongue like you don’t want its sweet-bitter taste to fade.

I grasp to life’s fleeting moments like this. An example of moments like these are when I am all of a sudden hit by a pang of natural high as I let the windows down as I drive outside the city. That one moment when I feel that I am the most blessed person in the world, feeling a wave of emotions washing over me when everything else has gone haywire but I am still able to stand and go on with life. But try as I might to hold on to natural high moments like these, they trickle so fast that no matter how tight my grip is and how desperate I am to stop time, I always end up frustrated, because everything in this life comes to end.

I have always imagined how stellar it would be if memories were stored in bottles. The good ones will be preserved in them so that whenever we feel like it, all we have to do is open the bottle and re-live the moment. Lets face it. No matter how much we try to hold onto memories, they become blurry as days, months, or years pass. Then when we try to look back, we always end up upset because all we can remember are just bits and pieces-remnants, of what used to be a clear vision inside our heads. The puzzle pieces will never ever be complete again. But the greatest thing is that although life’s fleeting moments pass by as fast as they came into our lives, we are able to say that we were happy even for just that single moment. And we continue to look forward to the next time we will feel “infinite” and that, for me, is another reason to look forward to when we say our “goodnights” and sleep to tomorrow.

No comments: