Monday, April 28, 2008

Friend


There was always one person I could turn to when I was young
And that was you, my friend
We went through many things together
Drugs, abuse and all that
We could always rely on each other to be there
But now you are gone
If only I could open your eyes
If only you could see
I wish you could understand,
But all you do is push me away

Can't you see that I am not responsible
For what happened to you long ago?
Can't you see that I would never say
What you say I did?
Did those many years we had together mean anything?
I don't know anymore.
I hope this isn't goodbye my friend,
But I can't make you see

It pains me to see what has become of us
What can I do?
It all comes down to what you want to do
I can never convince you that I didn't hurt you
I just hope that you valued those years as much as I did.

Now all i can do is wait for you to see.................

~Anton DePasquale~

No comments: