Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Fleeting Moment

Photography is a time machine capturing an moment as it happens and freezing it for the future. That moment can be any thing from the shy glance of a young child, the lively beauty of youth to the voluptuous sensuality which come with time and experience. My pictures are windows looking out upon moments I have been privileged to enjoy and which I care to share with the viewer.
The fascinating aspect about photography is that by changing the angle from which a picture is taken, the intensity, angle, color of light, position and stance of the model, the location of the shoot, the props of a shoot or by just adding/changing make up you can change person, moment, location completely. 10 people can take a picture of the same object, person, landscape and all 10 pictures will be different. for they will all have been taken in 2 different moments, The subjective moment for the photographer what was the mood, what did he/she think of as the picture was taken not to mention all the technical aspects F stop speed angel lighting etc. and the subjective moment for the subject with people and animals this encompasses the sympathy and or antipathy towards the photographer, the state of mind of the subject at the moment the shutter closes, with landscapes it is ambiance lighting sounds and smells which is present themselves to the photographer.
This love of catching a personal and singular moment is also the reason why I a was never really attracted to the technically highly demanding art of still life studio photography. For me this is the ultimate form of a photographer imposing his total will on a situation and has nothing with catching a fleeting moment since an expert photographer could repeat such a picture at any time and not be affected by any outer inputs.
Some one once said the most interesting thing about my photography is that I “can make every one beautiful” according to her this does not always represent the truth. I don’t quite agree with this, every one has a beauty which is just not always apparent at the first glance or better said at every glance. That is exactly the challenge, the quest, the goal for me, to catch that fleeting moment where the individual beauty can be seen.
I would kindly like to remind every one that these are my pictures and that if you want copies or want to use these pictures for any purpose please contact me and ask my permission first if this is not done I will be forced to take legal actions. (and life is to sort for that)

No comments: