Monday, May 5, 2008

Scribes on a holiday


A few days ago, the lobby of Hotel Le Meridien where Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are putting up was overcrowded with paparazzis, and other mediapersons from all over the world. Now, however, that number has diminished considerably. After waiting in the lobby for days, some of them are going on sightseeing in and around Pune.

Says Roberto, a Swiss freelance journalist, "I have been here from day one. So, I took a day off and went to Lonavala. I spotted lots of monkeys there. I am planning to see other interesting places during my stay in Pune." Another journalist from London has also been visiting interesting tourist spots like Shaniwarwada.

"Today again Angelina give us the slip, and we couldn't get her pictures. As they are not allowing anybody in Sindh Society, there is no point in going there. So I use the time when Angelina is shooting for visiting places or shopping. But now I am tired of the endless waiting, and even my office has told me to come back. So I am planning to go back to my country," he concludes a tad sadly.

Before he does that, however, he will surely manage to see some beautiful Indian places he can talk about later.

No comments: